7. September 2012 09:56
Using an SMS solution is a great way to send out important service reminders to your customers, regardless of the type of business you run. The use of such a service can not only help you but also provide your customers with great benefits as an addition.
Sending text messages is quick, they can be picked up by the recipient instantaneously and can even be interacted with to help you communicate better with your clientele. Take a look at just some of the ways that service reminders via SMS can be used within a business environment:
1) Medical appointment reminders: Hospitals, doctors and dental surgeries can all make use of service reminders sent by SMS to remind patients of their upcoming appointments. By using this cheap service they can send a large volume of messages to patients for them to pick up on their mobile phones. This is likely to save medical establishments a lot of time and money as these reminders will cut down the number of missed appointments that need amending.
2) Salon appointments: Beauticians and hair dressers can use the same SMS service to send out SMS reminders to their clients about future appointments. Customers who forget to turn up for their appointments can cost businesses in this industry a lot of money so a cost effective, reliable service that can help to remedy this is likely to have a very positive impact.
3) Classes and courses: There are a multitude of different classes and courses used by a range of businesses that require a specific number of attendees for them to go ahead. Once again, an SMS service reminder can notify attendees in advance of their upcoming course booking to cut down on the number of no-shows.
By also enabling a feature that lets customers reply to these reminders businesses can allow their clients to cancel or reschedule their appointments and bookings. This will once again save time and money, and is also likely to keep customers happy by preventing them from missing their important appointments or losing out on costly deposits.
There are plenty of uses for SMS service reminders regardless of the type of company you run so it is well worth checking out some of these packages to see how they can work for you. For more information feel free to call the TextAnywhere team on +44 8451 221 302 or email us on email@example.com
21. May 2012 09:23
There are many ways in which schools and colleges can utilise SMS marketing. It can, without doubt, make internal and external communications quicker and easier, and of course be far more environmentally friendly compared to sending out letters or leaflets. SMS marketing can not only immediately reach parents or guardians, but also the teachers and students of the senior school, college or campus, with important messages.
SMS marketing can be used to promote school events such as fund raising events, PTA family activities and school plays and performances to students, parents and community leaders on the school board. Greater awareness should lead to bigger attendance and SMS marketing is a great tool for sending out time-sensitive information. For example, an on-the-day reminder can be sent out quickly and easily to help boost turnout and potential ticket sales.
SMS marketing could also be used to promote school open days and parents evenings. Secondary schools may obtain parent’s contact details (with their permission) through the local primary schools. From here they would be able to target relevant families with children approaching their final year, and notify them of the date and time of the open day. Colleges can do the same with near-by secondary schools. All schools can benefit from Parents Evening appointment reminders as well. These can be sent on the day to keep scheduling accurate and the flow of parents through the school as relevant as possible.
Other ways in which sending out bulk SMS messages can be used by schools include:
- Inset day reminders
- Notifying students and parents of school closures (burst pipes, snow days etc)
- Sending out exam and coursework results
- Notifying students when their coursework folders are ready for collection
- Notifying parents when reports have been given out
- Home to school transport delays or changes
- Special announcements
Parents’ mobile numbers are collected when filling in emergency contact forms, student numbers could also be collected at the same time. To make things simpler you could even set up a short code number for students to text in a keyword (free for them) so that you have a database of their numbers ready to keep them up to date with school events and important announcements.
As with all SMS marketing campaigns, the messages should always add value and not be too frequent so as not to annoy people otherwise they will opt-out of receiving your messages. School to Home SMS marketing is a great tool for speedy communications in today’s era of Smartphone and smart messaging communications.
To find out more on SMS marketing and how to incorporate it into your communication activity, please check out our website for more information http://www.textanywhere.net/default.aspx or get in touch with the TextAnywhere team on 0845 122 1302 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.