7. September 2012 09:56
Using an SMS solution is a great way to send out important service reminders to your customers, regardless of the type of business you run. The use of such a service can not only help you but also provide your customers with great benefits as an addition.
Sending text messages is quick, they can be picked up by the recipient instantaneously and can even be interacted with to help you communicate better with your clientele. Take a look at just some of the ways that service reminders via SMS can be used within a business environment:
1) Medical appointment reminders: Hospitals, doctors and dental surgeries can all make use of service reminders sent by SMS to remind patients of their upcoming appointments. By using this cheap service they can send a large volume of messages to patients for them to pick up on their mobile phones. This is likely to save medical establishments a lot of time and money as these reminders will cut down the number of missed appointments that need amending.
2) Salon appointments: Beauticians and hair dressers can use the same SMS service to send out SMS reminders to their clients about future appointments. Customers who forget to turn up for their appointments can cost businesses in this industry a lot of money so a cost effective, reliable service that can help to remedy this is likely to have a very positive impact.
3) Classes and courses: There are a multitude of different classes and courses used by a range of businesses that require a specific number of attendees for them to go ahead. Once again, an SMS service reminder can notify attendees in advance of their upcoming course booking to cut down on the number of no-shows.
By also enabling a feature that lets customers reply to these reminders businesses can allow their clients to cancel or reschedule their appointments and bookings. This will once again save time and money, and is also likely to keep customers happy by preventing them from missing their important appointments or losing out on costly deposits.
There are plenty of uses for SMS service reminders regardless of the type of company you run so it is well worth checking out some of these packages to see how they can work for you. For more information feel free to call the TextAnywhere team on +44 8451 221 302 or email us on email@example.com
21. August 2012 10:57
When organising and promoting any event the whole process can be very stressful with so many details to take care of from start to finish. By using a form of communication that is fast and reliable, the promotional aspect of the event can be easily taken care of so that planners can focus on putting other aspects of the event together instead.
Any businesses that are trying to promote an event can take advantage of an SMS marketing campaign, regardless of the size and scale of the event. There are a range of benefits that using an SMS service can offer. For instance, the SMS package will allow promoters to contact any number of guests by text message whether the guest list is in the tens or the thousands. This message will then be delivered straight to the mobile device of the recipient within a matter of seconds. The best thing about this SMS service is that promoters can give the option for their guests to respond to the text message, perhaps to confirm their attendance or to specify other important requests.
Here are just some of the ways that an SMS bundle can be used by businesses to promote events:
- Schools can use this service to send information about parents evening. This service can replace the traditional form of sending the pupil home with a letter which is likely to get lost or damaged along the way. An SMS service can even be set up to allow parents to select appointment times and receive reminders nearer the date of the event.
- Retailers can invite customers to special one-off sales promotions or promotional evenings that are open to loyalty card members.
- Recruitment agencies could also use the service for sending out invitations and information for mass recruitment events. Their clients can then have the opportunity to attend group interview sessions as soon as they receive the text message.
- Music Promoters can use an SMS solution to promote upcoming tours to fans who’ve signed up to find out when and where. Getting the message out to them quickly, will help the fans to beat the ticketing queues. They may even want to run special discounts or gift promotions for being part of a fan club.
- Trade Shows or Exhibitions organisers would undoubtedly find many benefits to sending our visitor confirmation and passes via a text message service. Cutting down on paper and making the whole process electronic right to the door, will save time and money across the board.
The service has endless possibilities regardless of the type of business using it and can easily help to support any event to help achieve a successful promotional campaign.
For more information on the different SMS solutions available for your event promotions, please visit www.textanywhere.net alternatively feel free to call the TextAnywhere team on +44 8451 221 302.
21. June 2012 10:10
SMS services can be used by schools and colleges for a variety of reasons to help with day to day running and keeping students and techers informed – a few examples of where this would be useful include:
- Notification of unplanned closures
- Inform students of class cancellations
- Exam time and location reminders
- Sending out important announcements
Informing staff and students of closures etc can prove a time consuming administrative task traditionally, however, by using SMS alerts you can reach most people instantly.
There are two main ways of sending out SMS alerts in these situations; TextOnline and TextMail.
TextOnline: Using TextAnywhere’s TextOnline service, you can simply login to your account on any PC’s internet browser, add your message and send it to any amount of mobile numbers as an SMS. The TextOnline service comes with a number of benefits:
- Send messages to groups of recipients in seconds
- Create personal address books
- Receive replies to your messages through your online account, email or mobile phone
- Build message templates to be used in future
- Multiple logins for your account to share with other staff members
- Track delivery status – know when and if a message is received
TextMail: Using TextAnywhere’s TextMail service allows you to send out SMS messages in the same way you would send out emails and is compatible with all email applications. There are 3 simple steps to use this service once your account is set up;
- Write your email; the email should only contain the message you want to send. Longer messages can be sent by email, but this will result in a number of SMS’s being received to accommodate your full email. A note to remember is that there are only 160 characters per SMS page.
- When sending the email to the text exchange, you will need to include all the recipients mobile numbers in the ‘To’ field as well – mobile numbers should be entered as firstname.lastname@example.org (exact details are provided when you set up your account)
- The text exchange will then verify your details and extract the message and recipients numbers to send the message out straight away.
When using our services you only ever pay for the messages you send, there are no set up fees or any hidden charges. If you would like more information on our services why not visit our website at http://www.textanywhere.net/default.aspx or call a member of our team on 0845 1221 302 who will be happy to advise you on the best service for your needs.