5. April 2013 10:17
TextAnywhere’s SMTP web service allows users to send SMS messages and receive replies from customers using any application that has an email sending and receiving capability. Here are some of the main features that we feel help our SMTP service stand out from the crowd:
Swift compilation and distribution: Creating and sending your SMS messages using the SMTP service couldn’t be easier. Using your existing email system you simply construct your message and choose a subject. Send the email over to us including your list of recipients in the ‘To:’ line separated by a semi-colon. We will then convert your message into SMS form and distribute it to all your desired recipients as one or more text messages depending on the length of the original email message. It’s as simple as that. The best thing is you won’t have to download or install any additional software to use our SMTP service as the SMS Gateway is designed to work with any email application.
Receive and manage replies easily: Recipients can reply to your messages if they have been sent using the sms.textapp.net or sms160.textapp.net domains. The reply is instantly converted back into email form via our system and sent to your email application ready for you to act upon.
Added security: Our SMS Gateway is designed to be completely secure when dealing with user messages. However, if you prefer to have additional security you can also add a PIN to your phone number for client verification purposes.
Plenty of choice: there are four different email domains for you to choose from within the SMTP service. These let you perform a variety of actions including choosing whether to provide a phone number only or Originator (sender ID) for recipients to identify you by, controlling the number of text messages you can send for one email, and tracking your message status through delivery receipts. Plenty of other options are available and can be edited within the admin panel of your account.
Attractive prices: To use our SMTP service you are only required to pay for the messages you send and the choice of domains will allow you to opt for a service that only allows you to send messages as a single text so you can keep track of how much you’ve spent. In addition, our Developer Toolkit and any technical assistance you may require are also completely free.
For more information on our SMTP service please click here, or to find out about our other web services please visit our Developer Centre. Alternatively, please call our Customer Care team on 08451 221 302 who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
11. February 2013 12:56
While TextAnywhere strive to provide a range of products that suit the wide-ranging needs of our clients, we also understand that many of our customers require an SMS service that can function with their pre-existing or future websites and applications. For this reason, we have created a specialised web integration service that allows customers to do just that.
Here is a rundown of some of the benefits and capabilities that our web service has to offer:
• No software downloads required: we understand that our customers don’t want the extra hassle of downloading content to run their chosen SMS program. Instead, our SMS services can be easily managed online using the SMS gateway without the need for embedding software to run alongside applications and websites.
• Easy-to-use tools via our SMS gateway: our SMS gateway has been designed to do exactly what its title suggests - offer our customers a smooth and simple path between our SMS services and their web application. Using our developer toolkit you will be able to integrate the sending and receiving of messages, check delivery statuses and much more with ease.
• Effortless integration: the TextAnywhere web service has been designed to provide integration with a wide variety of platforms and applications to ensure our customers receive a seamless service at all times.
• Free technical support: our knowledgeable team are always on hand to deliver advice and support to all customers. You can contact us anytime during office hours for free technical support on TextAnywhere products or developer services.
For more information please visit our Developer Centre web page or contact a member of our Customer Service team on 08451 221 302.
29. May 2012 11:57
We offer several SMS marketing tools to our customers however, we know that the best solution for your company may be to use your own which is why we also make our SMS Gateway available through an API. The TextAnywhere SMS Gateway API has been designed to work with virtually every development environment, including .NET, PHP, Java and Ruby on Rails. Visit the developer centre for code samples and instructions on how to integrate your application with our system.
SMS Gateway API toolkit capabilities:
- Send SMS messages
- Receive replies
- Use of your own short code or long number
- Find out the delivery status of every text message
- Personalise the sent from field (aka the originator field)
- Choice of free-to-receive messages or reverse billing messages
There are a few services which can be used with our API toolkit; using our SMTP service you can send out your messages from any application that can send and receive emails. There are only a few simple steps to follow to send SMS text messages in this way:
- Send us an email with your recipients numbers also in the ‘To’ field of your email with the provided domain added to them (e.g. email@example.com)
- Write only your message content in the body of the email
- Send the email and we will verify your details and extract the recipients details (numbers and message) to send out the text straight away
- You can also receive replies back to your email application
We also have a HTTPS service where you can send and receive messages using a single HTTP(S) command from within your application or website. See our send SMS guide for instructions on how to send out your messages with this service.
You only pay for the messages you send out; there are no set-up fees and no contracts, our API is completely free to use too!
Check out our developer centre for more information, or sign up for an account today to get started.