1. March 2013 10:00
Our HTTP(S) service is one of the three API’s or Application Programming Interfaces available to our clients alongside our web and SMTP services. The goal of all three of these services is to enable our clients to combine our web SMS services with their existing web sites and applications. This allows for smooth and hassle free integration between the two.
The HTTP(S) connector specifically lets you send and receive SMS messages within your website or application using our simple HTTP(S) command. The (S) denotes the ability to use SSL encryption to send and receive your messages securely.
Here are some of the main highlights of our HTTP(S) service:
· You can send extended length text messages that appear as a single SMS on your recipients’ handset.
· You can choose whether you want your messages to appear from a long number (traditional mobile style number), a short code, or an 11 character text string.
· Receive replies swiftly to your messages regardless of whether you are using HTTP (non-secure) or HTTPS (secure).
· Easily check the delivery status of your messages so that you know immediately whether they have been received by the desired recipient. You also have the option to check a single message in particular as opposed to checking in bulk.
· Receive messages from your customers to your chosen long or short code number. This is particularly good for responding to orders or customer enquiries.
For more information on using our HTTP(S) service please visit our Developer Centre or contact a member of our Customer Care team on 08451 221 302.
22. February 2013 10:50
TextAnywhere’s web integrated SMS services are designed specifically for customers who want the ease of combining our text message services with their own pre-existing applications and websites. If this sounds like something you would be interested in then keep reading!
Our SMS gateway API is the tool used to enable our clients and developer partners to send automated SMS messages from their website or application. It supports three types of interface: these are our HTTP(S) service, SMTP service and our SOAP web service. These services allow clients to perform such activities as sending and receiving text messages, control message features such as free-to-receive and reverse-billing options, and check the delivery status of messages.
But why should you choose our web messaging functions?
TextAnywhere have spent a lot of time carefully deciding which features we would like our web SMS services to provide for our customers to ensure that they are receiving the best quality service as possible and these are the features we have decided are most important:
· Simplicity: Our clients want a service that is straightforward to use and doesn’t require a lot of time and effort and complex coding knowledge. Therefore, we have adapted a service that does not need additional software to be downloaded in order to run our SMS products. This means that our solutions are ready to use the minute you need them.
· Support: If you do find that you are in need of some help with integrating our SMS services then our technical staff are on-hand to provide you with free support. We also have extensive and detailed information available within our developer section.
· Save money: With our web SMS service you only pay for the messages you send. We even add 50 free credits automatically to your account so that you can test our service.
For more information please don’t hesitate to visit our website or contact a member of our Customer Care team on 08451 221 302.
11. February 2013 12:56
While TextAnywhere strive to provide a range of products that suit the wide-ranging needs of our clients, we also understand that many of our customers require an SMS service that can function with their pre-existing or future websites and applications. For this reason, we have created a specialised web integration service that allows customers to do just that.
Here is a rundown of some of the benefits and capabilities that our web service has to offer:
• No software downloads required: we understand that our customers don’t want the extra hassle of downloading content to run their chosen SMS program. Instead, our SMS services can be easily managed online using the SMS gateway without the need for embedding software to run alongside applications and websites.
• Easy-to-use tools via our SMS gateway: our SMS gateway has been designed to do exactly what its title suggests - offer our customers a smooth and simple path between our SMS services and their web application. Using our developer toolkit you will be able to integrate the sending and receiving of messages, check delivery statuses and much more with ease.
• Effortless integration: the TextAnywhere web service has been designed to provide integration with a wide variety of platforms and applications to ensure our customers receive a seamless service at all times.
• Free technical support: our knowledgeable team are always on hand to deliver advice and support to all customers. You can contact us anytime during office hours for free technical support on TextAnywhere products or developer services.
For more information please visit our Developer Centre web page or contact a member of our Customer Service team on 08451 221 302.
29. May 2012 11:57
We offer several SMS marketing tools to our customers however, we know that the best solution for your company may be to use your own which is why we also make our SMS Gateway available through an API. The TextAnywhere SMS Gateway API has been designed to work with virtually every development environment, including .NET, PHP, Java and Ruby on Rails. Visit the developer centre for code samples and instructions on how to integrate your application with our system.
SMS Gateway API toolkit capabilities:
- Send SMS messages
- Receive replies
- Use of your own short code or long number
- Find out the delivery status of every text message
- Personalise the sent from field (aka the originator field)
- Choice of free-to-receive messages or reverse billing messages
There are a few services which can be used with our API toolkit; using our SMTP service you can send out your messages from any application that can send and receive emails. There are only a few simple steps to follow to send SMS text messages in this way:
- Send us an email with your recipients numbers also in the ‘To’ field of your email with the provided domain added to them (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Write only your message content in the body of the email
- Send the email and we will verify your details and extract the recipients details (numbers and message) to send out the text straight away
- You can also receive replies back to your email application
We also have a HTTPS service where you can send and receive messages using a single HTTP(S) command from within your application or website. See our send SMS guide for instructions on how to send out your messages with this service.
You only pay for the messages you send out; there are no set-up fees and no contracts, our API is completely free to use too!
Check out our developer centre for more information, or sign up for an account today to get started.